Counselling Training & Courses
CPD For Counsellors
Training for health professionals, those in the helping professions, teachers and the general public.
‘Understanding and Working With Suicide’
This is a unique day course, giving both the perspective of the one feeling suicidal and the one helping; aiming to equip both parties.
The day will include:
- A thorough picture of suicide and the neurobiology behind it
- Understanding what it is like for the person feeling suicidal
- Learning from 3 people who made a lethal attempt but survived
- The most important aspects of assessment
- Identifying those who may be at risk
- Ethical and Legal Considerations
- Psycho-educational tools to equip both the one feeling suicidal and the person helping
Tunbridge Wells: Saturday 5th May
Southampton: Friday 21st September
‘Working with Self Injury’
Working with self injury can often be challenging for counsellors.
This 1 day training takes a look at:
- The different types and reasons for self injury
- Testimonies and experiences of those injuring
- The injury cycle
- Risk assessment
- Practical ways of working
Southampton: Saturday 22nd September
If you have any questions about these courses or you would like to have one of these courses delivered to your agency or church, please email email@example.com.